NEW YEARS THAILAND
YOGA AND VOLUNTEER RETREAT
Dec 27-Jan 6 Chiangmai with Beccah Bartlett and Corrina Richards
Thailand is often referred to as “the golden land” because of the beautiful, fertile rice fields of the central plains, the hill tribe villages, long stretches of sandy coast and clear blue water and of course the warm hospitality of the Thai people.
Beccah and Corrina will be leading a special New Year Retreat of yoga and voluntourism in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Celebrate the gifts of 2014 and welcome 2015 with a sense of adventure and positive intention! How amazing would it be to bring to a close 2014 and throw open the doors to a new year in such a profound way? This retreat will offer you the opportunity to not only learn about and enjoy a new culture, but also fulfill your seva wishes of volunteering and giving back in a very big way.
While traveling you will have the opportunity to attend daily yoga classes, journaling sessions, meditation and adventure tours. We will be staying at the Baan Rai Lanna Resort, set amidst the jasmine rice fields, forests and mountains on the outskirts of Chiang Mai. Here you can enjoy panoramic views from the spacious balcony of your countryside bungalow, relax by the resort swimming pool, get a traditional spa treatment or walk down to the converted rice barn restaurant which serves delicious local and international cuisine.
We'll celebrate New Year's Eve with a gourmet Thai style feast as well as a very special ceremony to acknowledge the gifts of 2014 and create space to welcome the blessing of 2015. This dedicated retreat time will support you in closing and healing the past year in order to harness your energy and intention for an amazing new year ahead.
Your adventures will continue into Old City Chiang Mai, where the group will explore temples, enjoy fabulous food, visit night markets, and experience an authentic Thai massage! Other exciting excursions will be offered which will include a trip to Doi Suthep, one of the largest Buddhist temples in the Himalayan foothills. And as a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to let your own creativity shine while working one-on-one with the local children. Other activities include zip-lining through the jungle, elephant trekking and bathing, orchid farming, bamboo rafting and visiting local tigers! These activities are optional if you choose to amplify your experience of the culture, nature and adventures of Thailand.
Our intention is for you to feel uplifted and clear as you move into the New Year. Prepare to embark on a journey of self-transformation!
Single Room - $1950
Double Room - $1650
- hotel room
- transportation to Mae Taeng
- transportation to and from the airport
- daily transportation to and from the school
- MOST (not all) activities
- elephant adventure
- mountain tour
- temple tour
- river rafting
- intro to Thai language
- exploring holy caves
- Thai cooking class
- one Thai massage
- donation to the school
- daily yoga and meditation classes
- breakfast daily
- In country coordinator
- welcome bag
Price does not include:
- airfare (recommended travel website)
- personal expenses (shopping, phone calls, laundry etc.)
- bottled water, alcohol, tea and incidentals
- meals not specified (other than one dinner)
- costs occurring due to due acts of nature and/or illness
Single Room - $400
Double Room - $350
- transportation to retreat site and back to Bangkok (provided you have booked and paid for this extension 60 days prior to departure)
- daily yoga class, journal and meditation
- access to in-country coordinator
- minimum of 4 people must be attending for this trip to happen. If we do not meet the minimum but have booked the trip we will make special arrangements for you to enjoy!